Saturday, December 15, 2012

Spectacular September

Ariana really started to show promising interest in potty training in August, but I waited a month to confirm that she was, infact, potty trained. I thought since Aubrey was so easy to potty train that I surely wouldn't luck out a second time. But, God blessed me and I had two smart, easy, fast learning children in this area. SUCH a blessing! 


 Chocolate mustaches while we were out to eat at Hash House A Go Go in the M Resort.

 Nick and I took the girls to the Lied Memorial Discovery Museum. I have always taken the girls when Nick wasn't able to go, so I think it was fun for Nick to be able to go and watch the girls have fun over there. It really is a cool place and we can't wait for the new museum to open up!

There was an arts and crafts station set up for kids to make cards for either teachers, police officers or firemen, their choice. Aubrey chose a teacher

 Here is her teacher all finished...
 Ariana chose a police officer and whoever got that card and saw that it was made by a two year old hopefully had a laugh because she did a very... unique?... job coloring her police officer. :)

After Aubrey started school, she got sick about 3 weeks into it. So, I decided to start juicing so I could pump her full of as many vitamins as possible. And it turned into me making homemade popsicles. They turned out pretty good!

 Aubrey is trying to pretend like they are gross:
 Okay so some of my pinterest projects have been major FAILS, some have been okay, and some have been simply amazing. This project? Simply amazing.

Ariana LOVES to color, and since she is always coloring, Aubrey has started coloring a lot more. It is such a good feeling to have a calm, quiet house with two little girls coloring away. Perfection!!


 Ariana has definitely discovered the many benefits of having a dog that is the size of a small horse. Reason #1 Bapper is amazing? He gives great rides! Onward, noble steed! ;)
 Ariana LOVES her babies. She is such a little Mommy at such a young age. I thought that she would get sick of babies, like Aubrey did, but no. She is still obsessed with her babies. Here she is sharing some yogurt with her baby. ♥

It never fails. When it does rain in Vegas, it rains at the EXACT TIME that I have to either drop Aubrey off at school or when I have to pick her up. Or both. Happy happy joy joy.


Aubrey has been taking ballet lessons and I think she is a natural. With a Nana that was a showgirl and a Mommy that was a gymnast, she was almost guaranteed to be talented in this area. But Aubrey really has some talent in this area. She just looks so beautiful out there!

Here she is showing me what she learned in dance class at dinner afterwards.

Here she is in dance class!


My other little bun head!
We stopped by Wayne Newton's Ranch to see the horsies (Ariana LOVES her some horsies!)


Well aren't these devil horns a nice fit Ariana?!?!
 
Aubrey's cousin Gianna had a birthday party at Grand Slam Canyon, which Aubrey LOVES! We had such a great time!


Aubrey, of course, rode on the Zebra on the carousel. I think it's safe to say she has ridden on every zebra on a carousel in Las Vegas.
I couldn't believe that I actually was able to talk Aubrey into riding on this ride. I accidentally deleted the video of her riding on it, but let me just say, when it started going up and down, the look of sheer terror on Aubrey's face was comical. But only because I have a cold heart in this one category. I think Aubrey made a mental note to never trust Mommy when it comes to riding rides EVER again.
And then we traumatized Ariana. Well, actually, this one was entirely Nick's fault 100%. I was thinking we would ride with the girls, me with Ariana and Nick with Aubrey. But right when it was time to go on Nick said we should just let the girls go by themselves. Ummm, okay Nick. I'll let you call the shots here...

Needless to say, Nick's judgment was WAY off and after the train made it around the tracks one time, Ariana was in tears and Aubrey was in a panic trying to help her. And i'm pretty sure I was the only person laughing. Mean, mean Mommy.

Aubrey has been on this ride before and she loves it:

Poor Ariana couldn't go but after the train incident, I think she was happy to sit this one out.
I love our Starbucks. Nick and I know all of the employees by name and they spoil us something awful. On this day Aubrey and Ariana got their own "coffee" ... ::cough cough apple juice cough cough:::... They were pretty ecstatic!

Look at how long Rapunzel's Aubrey's hair is getting!

And I will close out September by showing the craziness that is my world!






Raising quality children over here! Woop woop!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the pinterest jewelry thing. Question, what are your earrings hung on? Ribbon? Also, are you necklaces hung with shower curtain hooks? Your girls are just so cute, I can't handle it.