Tuesday, December 4, 2012

July Flew By

July started off with Aubrey losing her second tooth! This time was way less dramatic, although she still hated the feeling.

She got $5 this time and bought herself this thing called an Aqua Drop. If you talk to it, it talks back to you. Aubrey was thrilled with it so that was definitely the best part.
Aubrey's sunflower finished growing and it was massive, but entirely beautiful.

We had lots of summer fun in the backyard. Tried to make due with the postage stamp backyard that we have, but the girls didn't seem to mind. :)

This is Ariana trying to pout. Fakey McFakerson.
Yes, Ariana, we can tell you are seriously upset right now. :)
4th of July was super fun! We kept it low key and did some fireworks out front for just our little family. I can not even begin to tell you how pivotal the 4th of July was in Ariana's life. She became OBSESSED with fireworks after the 4th. I mean, OBSESSED. Every time something dropped and made a bang, Ariana yelled "Fire-furks!" Well, it originally was pronounced "F**k-a-fork" but thank the Lord, she ended up pronouncing it fire-furk! Anyways, the obsession was taking over our lives. I had to download firework apps to my phone, find firework video's on youtube, we constantly had to run outside and look for fireworks in the sky because Ariana was sure there were fireworks going off, and the one way the firework obsession worked in my favor? Well, Ariana had a love/hate relationship with them. So even though she was fascinated by them, they scared her. So, if I was laying her down to bed and she wouldn't go to sleep I would say, "You better go to sleep before the fireworks start!" And she would close her eyes super tight, cover her ears and go to sleep so she didn't have to listen to the bangs. It was so funny but yeah, I felt bad for lying to her. But in the desperation of trying to get your kid to go to sleep? Anything goes. :)


Our baby girl, Miss Ariana, turned 2 and we had a Dora birthday party for her. We got a huge bounce house/water slide combo and had someone doing glitter tattoo's. Aubrey was obsessed with the glitter tattoo's, I think she had at least 15 by the end of the party!











Here she is on her actual birthday- all PINK!







We celebrated by going to a hibachi dinner (where they cook infront of you), and when the chef made the volcano out of the onions and make a huge fire spark up, Ariana was like "FIRE-FURKS!!!!" It was hilarious. Watching her try to eat with chopsticks was equally as hilarious. :)

Aubrey, on the other hand, is a chopsticks pro!

As if it wasn't already apparent enough, Ariana is a crazy monkey child. Her physical capabilities are supreme, and she likes to showcase them at the most opportune times. Such as, the dinner table in a restaurant...


Gotta end July's post with a wonderful chocolate faced cheesy grin via Ariana!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so glad I got to see you and your girls. They are just as cute in person.

Marchezt said...

Cute!!
You always throw the best birthday parties...miss going to them!

Funny, we had a Dora theme for Kaedance's 2nd birthday :)

I also LOVE your family pics on your blog! They are gorgeous!!