Saturday, December 15, 2012

Aubrey's 6th Birthday!

We are so proud to say that our first baby girl turned SIX! Nick and I have been amazed at how smart, funny and beautiful Aubrey is. She has been a delight, and a true blessing in our lives. On the night before her birthday, I sat at my computer watching videos of Aubrey through the years and I have to say, she is one cute kid. This is one of the videos that brought tears to my eyes. She was so cute, SO smart, and her little voice- it just melts me!


And now she is SIX, going to school, is the smartest kid, her teacher has nothing but wonderful, sweet things to say about her, and she is really growing into one amazing little girl. And then I remember when I was pregnant with her and God told me that the baby in my belly was going to be so beautiful. And now I understand it, she has the most beautiful heart, the most beautiful smile, the sound of her laugh is beautiful, and of course she has the most beautiful little face. 

I think it's safe to say that on Aubrey's 6th Birthay, I felt so proud of my daughter, and I know Nick feels the same way. And that is why we made a pretty big fuss about her...

She woke up, well, Ariana and I had to wake her up...




Our singing worked and we got her downstairs...
 ...and even though she was blurry eyed, and still wiping the sleep from her eyes, she was able to see this glorious sight:

Nick and I had a great time watching her open up all of her pressies...

Ariana started to get a little sad because in her precious little 2 year old mind, she didn't understand why she couldn't touch any of the presents. And Aubrey, with that beautiful little heart I was talking about, let her little sister jump in there and open some presents. ♥
And then, the final present...
SO HAPPY! (It was Zayn, from one direction. She l♥ves him.)
The girls playing together!

It wasn't long before it was time for Aubrey to go to school. I dropped off some cupcakes for her class (forgot to take a picture- grrrrrrrr) and then Ariana and I were off to get some balloons and a birthday cake for our Aubrey!

We picked her up at school and she was so surprised to have balloons. Here she is with Guliahna and Alyssa.

Then everyone met up at our house to hang out and open presents before we went out to dinner. Aubrey said she wanted to go back to the Rainforest Cafe where we took her for her birthday last year. She loved it so much that she said she wants to go back this year and EVERY year!


Proud Parents right here!
She's SIX!!!!!!!!
Ariana trying to hold up a six too! :)
Then Aubrey got to feel the embarrassment that comes with an entire restaurant singing Happy Birthday to you. She hated every second of it!
But it wasn't long before she was smiling again. :)
Our little family!
It was a great day celebrating our special girl. There isn't one day that I don't cherish Aubrey and I am so grateful that God gave her to us. She is so amazing and watching her grow has been the joy of my life.

We love you Aubrey and we hope six is one awesome year for you sweetheart! Keep being amazing. ♥


No comments: