Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Aubrey is FIVE!

On Aubrey's actual birthday, Nick and I planned a couple of fun things for that day. But first things first- tradition in our house is opening presents right away, as soon as you wake up!


Aubrey got a touchpad. She was asking for one. I know, I know... what five year old needs a touchpad?!? Nick Frisco's child, that's who. :)

Then we had a celebratory breakfast, complete with lighting up the #5 candle and the whole family singing "Happy Birthday". The menu? Doughnuts. Nick about had a heart attack. I justified the doughnuts by adding a fruit salad to the menu. :)
Happy 5th Birthday Aubrey!
Then it was off to the "secret destination". We wouldn't tell Aubrey where we were going. We went to Spring Mountain Ranch. When we were almost there, Aubrey was like, "We're not going hiking, are we??!!?" It was funny. So we ended up telling her that where we were going. Spring Mountain Ranch is up by Red Rock, but neither Nick nor I have been there since we were little kids, so we thought it would be fun to get some subs, have a picnic and hang out over there.

Boy did we hit this nail on the head! The weather was PERFECT, and Spring Mountain Ranch was so beautiful. Nick and I have very, very vague childhood memories of it out there, so we really didn't know what to expect. We seriously had the BEST day hanging out out there. Best day of my life!

Here is Aubrey showing us that she is FIVE today!
Aubrey on the tree stump right next to our picnic spot. Notice the gorgeous view in the background. It almost looks fake! I'm telling you, this place was gorgeous!
Then, all of a sudden, we heard gun shots. Apparently, there was this reenactment of the battle between the Yankees and the Confederates. There were people acting out the whole thing. Of course, Aubrey was scared. Ariana was a little bit scared, but that was too bad because this mama wanted to go check it out!

Here they are loading up their cannons:
When they shot those cannons off it was LOUD. My ears were ringing!
Here they are shooting at eachother from about 30 ft. away from eachother.
See the guy tied up to the tree on the right? I guess he was a traitor so the Yanks "shot" him.
Dead.
So after the unexpected entertainment, I went back to our picnic spot. Nick stayed there with Aubrey because she was too scared to go watch the battle. But for the rest of the afternoon we just played, laid out in the sun, and Aubrey made a friend and went and played with her. It was so peaceful and beautiful and perfect. :)
Ariana "painting" with the mud.
Nick and I decided we are going to build our house right here. :)
The Birthday Girl!

Nick made this:
We all reluctantly packed up and left Spring Mountain Ranch, not because we wanted to, but because we had dinner reservations at the Rainforest Cafe. So we went home and got ready and met up with Gramma, Nana and Pop Pop for a super fun dinner.

Aubrey has never been to the Rainforest Cafe and she LOVED it. Ariana was quite scared of the rain storms that would happen periodically, but she loved all of the animals, the noises, the waterfalls, the stars on the ceiling, etc. For a child that NEVER sits still in a restaurant, all of the things going on sure kept her occupied so Nick and I could relax during our meal, instead of keeping Ariana contained! :)
A guy making balloons came by and made Ariana a "doh" (dog) and Aubrey a flower. Such a treat!



It sure was a perfect day. What a blessing!

Happy 5th Birthday Aubrey! You know Mommy, Daddy and Sissy love you SO MUCH hunny!! xoxo

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like a perfect day. The ranch is a fun place. I'm glad it was such a great day.