So, to celebrate his birthday, Nick... worked. That's my hubby! He got home with just enough time to run upstairs to have the quickest shower in history and run out the door to make our dinner reservations. We met up with Nick's Mom, Nick's sister Nicole and my parents. It was a great family dinner. We all had a great time (and the wine was really, really yummy.)






Poor Ariana. All she got to eat was Pop Pop's nose. Ah, that's okay. Pop Pop doesn't mind, at all. :)

Now for my chocolate cheesecake dilemma. Read on if you want to hear what happened...






Poor Ariana. All she got to eat was Pop Pop's nose. Ah, that's okay. Pop Pop doesn't mind, at all. :)
Now for my chocolate cheesecake dilemma. Read on if you want to hear what happened...
For dessert, I got Nick a chocolate cheesecake. And let me just tell you that finding that chocolate cheesecake was not all that easy, people. I had a birthday dessert in mind for Nick, but I asked him first thing in the morning if he had a preference for his birthday dessert (thinking that in typical guy fashion, he's say no). Well, Nick said he wanted cheesecake. Which is his favorite dessert. I should've known that he would say cheesecake. And that would be fine and dandy if he wanted just a regular cheesecake, but I know Nick well enough to know that he needs a chocolate cheesecake... because he likes chocolate more than most females (he just won't admit it, mostly because he's a sugar nazi). :)
So, I called no less than 10-15 bakeries asking if they had a chocolate cheesecake. They all said you have to special order it. Now, I know you have to order cake for someone's birthday, but it never crossed my mind that you had to special order a freakin' cheesecake. Gotta love when you learn lessons the hard way! I know you're thinking that I should've just called The Cheesecake Factory... but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a cheesecake. I would've if I had to, but I really didn't want to spend all of that money if I didn't have to (even though Nick is totally worth it). So, as a next-to-last resort, I called one of my favorite bakeries to see if maybe they had a cheesecake in their display case. They did! I told the guy to put my name on that cheesecake immediately. He laughed at me. I told him I was serious. So, Nick got his mega chocolate cheesecake. Behold its beauty:
And it was really yummy too.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful, amazing, hardworking, generous, hubba hubba Hubby. I love you so much!!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Nick! Where did you guys go to dinner? Looks like Grimaldies but I wasn't sure. :) Miss you Linds!
Happy Birthday!!
Way to go, I would have just gone the easy way out with Cheesecake Factory. Men never seize to amaze me when they actually have an opinion, it is always the worst time. Glad he had a good birthday.
Post a Comment