Friday, September 3, 2010

Jasper's Girls

Minutes after Aubrey was born, when my midwife had her all dressed and swaddled, she introduced Jasper to Aubrey and said, "This is your baby, Jasper. And it's your job to protect her." I thought that was so cute.


This time around, after Ariana was born, Jasper came rushing into the bathroom where we all were and looked right at Ariana and started to sniff her and check her out and my midwife said, "Another little girl for you to protect!" (if you saw my birth video than you saw/heard that moment).

I swear Jasper has heard what she has said to him, and I can tell that he takes his "job" very seriously.

When Aubrey was little and she would cry, Jasper would come rushing into the room and look at me like he was saying, "Hurry up, Mom! DO SOMETHING."

I think he trusts me a bit more this time around because he isn't nagging me so much. =) But if I ever put Ariana on the floor, guess who comes rushing into the room? Yup. Jasper. And he sits right next to her and checks her out... smells her, nudges her with his nose, and looks at me and almost looks like he has a little smile on his face.

He loves his girls.

Jasper is definitely a big dog, but he is SO very gentle with both of these girls. He's especially gentle with Ariana. I put Ariana on him so they could have a little snuggle and Jasper was so still, it was like he was frozen. And when she started slipping down a bit, he looked at me like, " I didn't do it! I didn't move! Get her Mom! Help!" He sure is one excellent "Big Brother."

So, in honor of our wonderful protecter, here is our wonderful, valliant Jasper. =) And if you ever knock on our door, you will feel his wrath.. well, you sure will hear it.









We love you Jasper! Even if you are a swiper!!!

3 comments:

Maryann said...

So precious. He is so cute!

Marchezt said...

He's an awesome dog! Both Bouzer and Flash have been that way with our kids. Nothing better then to see a dog love and protect "their" babies :)

I joke with Landon that Flash thinks he is "his baby".

Miss you guys and Jasper too!

P.S. Love, Love your new family pictures. They are gorgeous!

Lori said...

That is so cute! How great to have such a big protector.