Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Halloween Preview!

Anyone who is a Mommy knows how much "fun" it is to help your child decide on a Halloween costume. Either they change their mind 852 times or they pick a costume that you would prefer they didn't.

We started getting Halloween costume magazines in the mail about a month ago. Aubrey kept changing her mind on what she wanted to be... but then, she finally found the perfect costume for her. Drumroll please.... Aubrey chose Spider Girl.

Yeah.

Does she have ANY idea who Spiderman is? No.

Nevertheless, that's what she wanted. Am I going to tell her no? Absolutely not. Why? Because that takes all of the fun out of choosing a Halloween costume. If a kid can't pick their own Halloween costume then there's something wrong there.

So after weeks of Aubrey insisting that she wants to be Spider Girl, I knew that this was it. She wasn't going to change her mind.

Today we went to run some errands and I noticed that a Halloween store had opened up so I took Aubrey over there to see if they had a Spider Girl costume and whaddayaknow, they did! So, it's official... Aubrey is Spider Girl for Halloween. And boy is she happy about it! She won't stop smiling and posing! And that smile makes it so worth it.

3 comments:

Lori said...

She is seriously adorable. I love the costume.

Marchezt said...

That's a cute costume!

Evelyn said...

Emily saw this on FB and loved her=) Maybe that's what influenced her choice to be Batgirl? We have our very own Mini Girl Justice League started. Callie can be Hulk-ette and Ariana can be Captina America;)