Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aubrey's "Carmonica"

You know when your child picks up a toy and asks you to buy it for them and you really, really don't want to? Well, this is a story about just that.

Aubrey and I were doing our girly thing and just browsing around Target doing some shopping.... until she spotted the toys aisle. They had all of these bins filled with junk cool toys and Aubrey picked up a harmonica and told me, "Mommy, I want THIS." I told her that it was a harmonica and that she probably wouldn't like a harmonica. She quickly responded with, "I love carmonica's! They are my favorite!" So I let her carry it around the store- whatever. We then went to go look at the bikes and Aubrey put her harmonica down. When we walked away I noticed that she didn't grab it. Did I say anything? No. Does that make me a mean Mommy? Probably. But when we were almost ready to go check-out Aubrey looked at me and said, "Mommy, where did you put my carmonica??!?!?!!!" So we had to go back and get her harmonica from the bike aisle and it was at that moment that I realized that I was going to be buying that harmonica. It wasn't long after that realization that Aubrey said, "I just love carmonica's, Mommy. Don't you know that?" I do now, Aubrey. I do now.

So let's just say that Miss Aubrey has thoroughly enjoyed her "carmonica". I know without a doubt that she had no idea what it was when she insisted that I buy it for her, but when she put that instrument up to her lips and played the first notes, it was love. The thing hasn't been put down since it came home with us.

4 comments:

Maryann said...

Too funny! Love it...

Jett Thomas said...

OMG she is SOOO cute!!!

Ashley said...

Look at your cute belly in your header picture! Love it, such a good looking family. :)

Anonymous said...

Olivia is obsessed with hers too, it gives me a headache lol!