I have become a really good shopper when it comes to retail. There are a ton of people who are into the "Grocery Smarts" and can get their grocery for super cheap. I do my best but i'm not as good at that as I am with getting things in retail for dirt cheap. I have started telling Nick how much money I have saved and for him to actually be interested it must be pretty impressive. =)
Back around Christmas I bought a bunch of stuff at Kohl's and when the girl rang me up my total was around $2.50. I asked her if she was serious and she laughed and said, "Yes." I knew I had saved a lot of money but I didn't realize that I saved that much. I was going to post the receipt here on my blog as proof but I never got around to it.
Now, just last week Aubrey and I saw this princess dress at Kohl's and Aubrey really wanted it. I didn't get it because I was too preoccupied with the fact that I was buying a clock that was $50 for about $8.00. Well, I couldn't get the dress off of my mind because it was seriously cute so we went back this week to see if it was still there.
The dress was still there and was marked down from $38.00 to $14.40. Obviously that price is a great price but did I stop there? No. I had a 30% off coupon which brought my total down to about $10.00. Did I stop there? No. I also had a $10 Kohl's cash coupon that I had gotten the week before when I purchased my clock. So, Ladies and Gentleman, how much do you think I paid for Aubrey's princess dress?? ZERO dollars. Yup, Kohl's handed me a dress for free. Needless to say, Nick is supa impressed with my skillz. And I just want to add that Nick and I are doing fine financially, so it's not like I have to shop like this, it's just that i've gotten really good at paying hardly anything for things now that I just have fun with it. It's like a hobby. =)
Anyways, here's Aubrey in her FREE princess dress!
2 comments:
First, I love your new family picture with the baby bump!!
Second, you know I love this post! So impressed with your skills. I love great deals on groceries, clothes, and home decor. I need to shop Kohls more!
Wish I was still close...we could be savvy retail shoppers togehter!
That is made skills. Way to go. That dress is adorable!
Post a Comment