Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas! It was so much fun (and so tiring), yet I don't know why we were so tired. It's not like Aubrey was up at 5am like all the other kids in the world (although, i'm sure the early rising on Christmas morning will eventually come). We were probably tired because of all the banging going on downstairs! "Santa's Elves" were up until 1:30am putting together Aubrey's BIG present...

So here's how our Christmas went:


We went to a Frisco Family Christmas Eve Party. Aubrey even let me curl her hair!


Nick and I at the party:

Then we came home and got ready for bed. We left Santa some cookies and milk, and I was very surprised at how "into it" Aubrey was. She was so excited!


After Aubrey and I went upstairs, Aubrey kept asking me if I heard Santa downstairs yet. She was so excited for Santa to eat her cookies.
As soon as we woke up in the morning, Aubrey asked me, "Santa? Cookies? Milk? Eat it up?" And I said, "Let's go see!" and she squealed with excitement. It was one of the cutest moments i've ever had. Nick and I strategically placed the video camera upstairs so we could grab it on the way down and record Aubrey's reaction to what Santa had brought her. We've been hyping up her getting a kitchen for a couple of weeks now, so Aubrey was grasping the idea that Santa was going to bring her a kitchen for Christmas...but when she walked downstairs and saw that kitchen from the magazine, she didn't know what to do- so she hid! She wouldn't come out from around the corner for a good minute or two. She just couldn't believe it. This is what she saw:



Aubrey was all smiles opening up her stocking, although it wasn't long before she was sick of opening up presents and we had to take a break!


It took me forever to get her to open up this present. She just wanted to sit on it. She even tore off the bow and a corner, and then walked away!

I got Nick a guitar for Christmas. I'm looking forward to him serenading me!



Aubrey *loves* to hide. So we got her a tent. As you can tell from this picture, she loved it!
Sometime around noon we headed up to my parents house... and Aubrey got into her 150th outfit of the day. Aubrey officially went on strike from opening up presents. What a life this child has.

Nick and I were exhausted. Can you tell?



Aubrey got to sneak a couple of tastes of Nana's homemade whipping cream... only because Daddy was taking a nap!

Aubrey's infamous "cheesy grin"


I love my daughter more than anything else!


And then, I think because my exhaustion finally hit me, I just stopped taking pictures. Everybody got to my parents house, we had more presents to open and Aubrey was soon very DONE and passed out almost immediately upon me picking her up and holding her. She napped on my parent's sofa while I ate a quick dinner, and when she woke up moments later, she had had ENOUGH and we had to pack up and leave. It went by so fast, but it was a wonderful Christmas. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, and although my Dad is having surgery on Monday, I am so happy that we all are healthy. Please pray for my Dad on Monday, and I hope everyone had as blessed a Christmas as we did!

Can't wait for the new year! It's the year i'm getting my new house! (and who knows, maybe another baby!??!?)

3 comments:

Melissa and Paul said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Ashley said...

how fun!! i cant wait until quinn can be excited for santa. You guys are so cute, happy new year and congrats on your new house!! (and maybe a new baby) :)

Anonymous said...

I love how excited Aubrey looks. It looks like a wonderful Christmas for you! baby #2... Maybe we will both be pregnant by the end 2009! How fun would that be!