Over this past summer, Nick and I thought we were going to have to get rid of Jasper. We were heartbroken. I won't go into all of the details, but we were (obviously) able to figure out a way that we could keep him. The one thing that I was most upset about when we were thinking about getting rid of him was how much Jasper had impacted Aubrey's life and how he's really her best friend. I know it sounds silly because a dog is a dog, but weimaraners are known to be very smart, and very human-like in the sense that they want to be just like you and do what you do, etc. So, needless to say, Aubrey and Jasper have grown very attached to eachother.
I have 3 "Aubrey and Jasper" stories to share, in honor of Jasper's 4th birthday. All of these stories happened within a week of eachother, and I figured I would just dedicate one long blog to them. So, here we go:
Story #1-
I had to cut Aubrey's nails the other day. But when I got everything out, she insisted upon doing Jasper's nails. I think it has something to do with the fact that whatever I do to Aubrey, she wants to copy... and poor Jasper is her guinea pig. So, she grabbed my cuticle thing-a-ma-bob and my fingernail buffer and proceeded to "cut Jasper's nails." No, she wasn't anywhere near his nails, but this is what she was doing, and you do NOT argue with a 2 year old... at least my two year old.
And here are some cute pictures that shows you not only how much these two love eachother, but how proud Aubrey is of herself. She was SO happy. And you can also see that Aubrey is almost as tall as Jasper! Craziness!
Story #2-
Aubrey has, willingly, received her first chore. And that chore is... (drum roll please).... feeding Jasper. She asked me to do it. Actually, she made me let her do it. I think it's good for her to have something like this to do. And hey, it helps me out, so it's totally a win-win situation. So, I had to explain to Aubrey that she has to feed him in his bowls that we keep outside. After she got that down, I had to explain to her that you don't put the food in the water side... you put it in the other side. THEN, I had to explain to her that you can't just leave the door open (it's FREEZING outside), but she constantly battles with me over this. And last, but not least, I had to explain to her that Jasper doesn't need 1,574 scoops of food. Just a couple scoops will do. Someone please pray for my patience and sanity. Please.
So after ALL OF THAT, she does a good job, but still thinks it's funny to feed Jasper on our carpet. Here is Aubrey, feeding Jasper, and having so much fun with it.
(I love the "yeah" she gives me at 28 seconds. I seriously don't know what to do with myself when she gives me that look.)
Story #3-
Ever since Aubrey figured out how to get around our house (i.e. crawling), she has always disappeared... and when she "disappears", I know exactly where she is. Do you have any idea as to where that would be? If you guessed Jasper's bed, then you were right. She goes over there and just sits with Jasper, steals his toys, or actually brings her toys to his bed and they have some sort of pow-wow... I don't really know what they are doing half the time. But from the sounds of giggles that fill our home, I can only assume that whatever is going on is hilarious. So, the other day Aubrey and I were having fun doing some crafts. Well, after I cleaned up, I put the paper on a shelf. I went to the computer to check something (OK, probably to buy Christmas presents), and all of a sudden I hear Aubrey cracking up and saying, "Oh, Bah-bear... (more giggling)... Goof. Ball." Then she comes up to me and says, "Bah-bear. Funny guy. Paper." so I go over to look at what my crazy toddler has done to our poor dog and THIS is what I found.
I know there will be many more of these funny stories in the future so I think i'm going to post these "Aubrey and Jasper" posts periodically. I hope you all have enjoyed this as much as I have. These two might drive me crazy, but I love them more than anything.
2 comments:
So cute you make me want to let Rob get a dog!
Once again, cute stories about a cute girl and her cute dog! :)
Love them both and it's so true how a dog can be a childs BFF. Kaedance has always been that way with Flash and thats who she wants to be around all day!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment