As our little angel is approaching two, she is really blossoming as a person. There isn't a word that she won't say. If you ask her to say something, she will always give it a shot, and for the most part, she says it really well! I thought I would share some of her current phrases/words because #1- they are cute and #2- it's so easy to forget these things. So, let's see... Aubrey says:
- Mark, set, GO!
*I taught her this because she likes to run now, and whenever we are out and about, we like to race and run in circles. So, now she says this all the time.
- Counts to 1-10
*She can count to 1-10, but mostly counts 4-5-6. For example, when we play songs in the car, there's a little break in-between songs, so Aubrey goes "4-5-6!" and then the next song comes on and she's so proud of herself.
-"Mah-toe" (tomato)
*This one I completely blame on my mother and her british accent. Instead of saying to-may-toe, Aubrey says "mah-toe". It's adorable but I have no idea why she would say this if she didn't have a Nana with a british accent. =)
- "Saw-wee" (sorry)
*If Aubrey act up, she gets put into timeout. After she's been in timeout, I explain to her why she was put in timeout and I make her apologize. So, that's where she learned "sorry"... but now, whenever we go to a store, I usually give her a stuffed animal to play with. Sometimes Aubrey likes to throw the poor animal, so when I pick the animal back up, I say, "Oh no, the poor bear hit his head! If I give it back to you, will you be nice?" to which Aubrey says, "Oooookay" and then when I give him back to her, she hugs him and says, "Saw-weeeee" about a million times.
-"Luh-loooo" (love you)
*cutest.words.ever.said.
- "Let go!"
*Don't know where she learned this, but everytime I need her to give me something, she grips it harder and yells, "Let go!" at me. Cute but very very bad!
- "No way!"
*Nick and I don't know where she learned this either, but if you ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do, instead of just saying "no" she yells "NO WAY!!!!"
- "Bah-bear" (jasper)
*This is how she says "jasper". It started out as "bwah-bwah" and has now turned into "bah-bear". Super cute. Hope she never stops. =)
- "eye-bows" (eyebrows)
*Whenever I lay with Aubrey to put her down for a nap and she isn't quite ready yet, she traces my eyebrows and goes, "Mommy. Mommy? eye-bows" and she says it bows, like bow of the boat, not like bows on presents. Make sense? Anyways, it's adorable and it's hard to keep pretending to be asleep and not laugh.
And just now, as I'm sitting her trying to sound out how she says these words, i'm whispering as i'm doing so... and Aubrey is sitting here coloring and now that I am whispering these words, she sitting here, coloring and whispering jibberish. She's a parrot!!! It's so much fun and I would keep her at this age forever! (minus the diapers).
1 comment:
Oh my heck I can just imagine her saying this. So adorable!
Post a Comment