Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday AUBREY!!!

Although we can NOT believe it, today was Aubrey's SECOND Birthday! It's truly unbelievable how fast these past 2 years have gone by- especially this past year. So, to celebrate the wonderful life of our daughter, here is how we spent the day!



We woke up and Aubrey got whatever she wanted for breakfast (Banana, milk and yogurt):

Then she went for a ride on her Dora bike from Nana and Pop-pop, but she can't quite reach the peddles yet:


We went to the park and fed the ducks:



I know she looks pretty close to the edge, but she's not quite able to throw very far yet, so I had to get her as close to the ducks as I could... it was either that or THEY would have to come to US which ain't gonna fly with this mama (I am very scared of birds):


Then we went to the slides and I got the cheesiest picture ever:


And THEN I got the most beautiful picture EVER:


Brave Aubrey went down the slides all by herself:


Then we came home and Aubrey got to try on her new princess shoes with her purse, necklaces, princess wand and the birthday balloon we got from Toys R US:





And then, I don't know what happened, but the cupcake fairy must've showed up at our house, because somehow these cupcakes ended up in our fridge! Don't you hate it when that happens?!?


So, of course, we had to give the birthday girl a "lello" birthday cupcake:


And we sang her one of her favorite songs, "Happy Birthday!":


Being the big girl that she is, she huffed and puffed and blew out all TWO of her candles:


... and proceeded to devour all evidence of the cupcake fairy's delivery.


And last, but not least, got a very BIG Birthday kiss from the two people who love her the most in this world- her adoring Mommy and Daddy!!!


To My Precious Aubrey:


I can not believe how fast these two years have gone by. I feel so lucky to be your mother and I thank God for your precious smile every day. Although these past two years have gone by pretty fast, I remember every day with you… every time I snuggled you close and held you as you slept when you were a newborn baby… every time I put you to sleep, which was sometimes a very exhausting ordeal… every time I kissed your “boo boo’s” to make them all better… every time you reached a new milestone and I was there, taking your picture like the paparazzi mom that your Dad constantly reminds me that I am… every time I cried because another amazing day with you slipped by that was so amazing, but I will never get it back again… every time your tantrums threw me over the edge and I had to leave you with Daddy so I could grab some Dairy Queen to fix my attitude (it’s amazing what a little Dairy Queen can do for a woman!)… every time I laughed at you because you are so amazing in your curiosity and innocence… every time you made me so proud… every time you did something so cute to a complete stranger… every time you were sick and needed your mommy to hold you and cuddle you. Every moment I have ever spent with you has been a moment of shear joy and pure love. You are so adorable in every way that you say things and do things. Your Dad and I couldn’t even imagine a cuter, beautiful child that would bring so much joy and love into our lives. We are so incredibly blessed to be YOUR parents. You touch every life that you encounter. I knew when you were growing in my belly that you were going to be this amazing, beautiful person. I heard God’s voice loud and clear when He told me that you were going to be so beautiful that we just wouldn’t even believe it. And now, two years later, I know exactly what He was talking about.
I love you and I count my blessings for every day that I get to spend with you. May you continue to grow into the person that you were called to be… and thank you for coming into our lives, and rockin’ our world, like the little fireball that you are.
Love, Mom. xoxo



2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Cutie! What a sweet post. It looks like you guys had a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay this made me cry! You are such a GREAT mommy Aubrey is VERY lucky to have you too. She is so adorable and lovable I am very glad to call you both friends. Happy Birthday Aubrey! LOVE Olivia and Renee'!