After 2 years of patiently waiting for my wonderful husband to finish the custom wall fountain in our backyard, I can finally say that we are done! Finished! YAY!!
Nick had a vision of putting a wall fountain in our backyard, so the idea was his, but the design was mine. Together, we made such a great team. I might add that the fountain itself was done, we just had to re-do a water-seal-coat and put the slate and glass tiles on. It doesn't sounds like much, but it took a week and a half. It's a lot of cutting, and precision which is all very time consuming. Plus, I don't think it helps that Nick and I are both perfectionists!!
Here are some pictures to show the process:
Nick had a vision of putting a wall fountain in our backyard, so the idea was his, but the design was mine. Together, we made such a great team. I might add that the fountain itself was done, we just had to re-do a water-seal-coat and put the slate and glass tiles on. It doesn't sounds like much, but it took a week and a half. It's a lot of cutting, and precision which is all very time consuming. Plus, I don't think it helps that Nick and I are both perfectionists!!
Here are some pictures to show the process:
-Tuesday-
-End of day Tuesday-
(Enoc, the man behind all of the work!, and Nick.)
-Wednesday-
-Thursday-
-Finished!!-
(Don't mind the level all the way ontop and the pots not being placed right or having plants in them. We are going to finish that later on this week!)
And everytime Enoc would start up the tile saw and start cutting the slate pieces, Aubrey would do this:
And at the end of every day, I would let Aubrey go see the progess that the guys made. She was always SO excited when I would open that door and let her run out there!
3 comments:
It looks amazing. You all did an amazing job. Do you absolutely love working with your husband everyday? That would be the best thing ever. I'm jealous.
that looks so awesome! Can you and enoc come make one at my house?
I love the fountain. I am very impressed you guys did that all your selves. Way to go!
Post a Comment