Monday, December 21, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

We went and got our Christmas tree last week. When Aubrey and I were getting out all of the ornaments from the boxes, I started showing Aubrey each ornament that we've gotten her every year since she was born. She loved all of her ornaments, but she quickly noticed that the baby doesn't have any ornaments... so she asked me, "Mommy, where are the baby's ornaments???" I thought it was so sweet of her to think of the baby. I told her that the baby doesn't have any ornaments yet. She was shocked. It was so sweet and so funny. I told her that we had to go to the store and pick out an ornament for her for this year, so she said, "Well, when we go to the store, I want to get an ornament for me and an ornament for the baby, okay?" Of course I agreed. The baby may not be here yet, but the baby is just as much a part of our family as every one else... well, as far as I am concerned. =)

So, off we went to the store the very next day, looking for ornaments. The Christmas section was pretty cleared out but I managed to find a really cute ornament- a lollipop. Aubrey came running over and agreed that it was the BEST ornament and that we should get it. And then she picked up an ornament and said, "And I want to get this one for the baby." It was a cupcake that sorta matched the "treat" theme, and it was just perfect... and so sweet.

As soon as we got home, we hung up the ornaments, and Aubrey insisted that they had to hang right next to eachother. So... here they are:

Definitely the sweetest thing little Miss Aubrey could do. Love that girl.

And if that isn't the true meaning of Christmas, I don't know what is. =)

3 comments:

Marchezt said...

She is going to be the best big sister! Already thinking of baby first, love it!

Those are really cute.

Hugs to you 4!

Suzanne said...

I love this idea! My mom and dad have always given us ornaments every year. Such a cool tradition.

Lori said...

That is so cute. I love the ornaments also.