Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Benji

If you're a follower of my blog, then i'm sure you remember when I posted about the murder of one of our close family friends, Benji.

Well, it's been just over 5 months since that happened... and to be honest, i'm still extremely upset about it. I can't really talk about Benji without crying. We got into contact with his family, but Nick had to do the talking. As much as I want to talk to Benji's wife, I know I can't without crying. And I don't want her to see just how upset I am because I don't want to make it worse for her. But, because it's the right thing to do, i've been following the news very closely about the "Mexican Drug War" (Benji was killed by members of a Mexican drug cartel) and just tonight it was posted that one of the "bosses of bosses" was killed. This is great news. Apparantly 200 sailors raided this guys apartment and killed him and several others. I hope that this guy felt that same fear that Benji felt having his home broken into and then being killed. That's what his guys did to Benji and ain't that awesome how karma comes around and he ends up being killed the same way his guys killed my friend.

I just wanted to share this bit of news because as heartbreaking as this whole thing is for me, I am happy to see a little bit of justice and some good prevail.

And one more thing... I am due in July... and who knows, I could end up having this baby right around the one year anniversary of Benji's death. And there's a big part of me that feels like Benji has something to do with this. And that makes me smile.

We love Benji, Miriam, and all five of your boys.

3 comments:

Marchezt said...

Good to hear that there has been a small amount of justice for him!

I'm sure he is watching over you and your family.

May God bless his wife and children!

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This makes me so sad. Glad to hear about this boss guy getting it!

Lori said...

That is good news. It is still such a sad story. That will be a great way of remembering him and maybe you will have a boy and can name him after him. :)