Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter 2009!

I hope everyone had a happy, blessed and fun Easter! We sure did!

And, as I always do, i'm going to use the pictures we took to tell how our day went...

Aubrey woke up and completely forgot about the Easter Bunny... but when I reminded her, she was full of screams and squeals the whole way down the stairs! And when she came downstairs and saw the Easter eggs around the house and her huge Easter basket, she was so excited!

She loved the new sandbox toys she got:


And she also loved the play food "the Easter Bunny" got to go with the new kitchen she got for Christmas.

Then we were off to find all of those Easter eggs that that silly rabbit hid all around the house. She had sooooooooo much fun finding Easter eggs. Nick and I kept sneaking eggs out of her basket and re-hiding them because she just didn't.want.to.stop!!!


Finding out what goodies were inside was so much fun. I loved all of her "wow's!"


Lovin' her jellybeans!


We played with her paintbrush/crayon thingy's. Really cool new crayola thing. (don't really know what they're called but we're definitely a fan!)

Then I made breakfast and baked some cookies. Nick and I decided to have Easter at our house again this year. So once I felt like I got enough stuff handled in the kitchen, I got Aubrey and I beautified. =)
Here is our angel lookin' soooo pretty! She kept saying that she was a princess. Indeed she was.

She was such a good girl for me when I was curling her hair. It turned out really nice... and I especially loved the little flower that I made to match her dress. Loved it!



My wonderful coustin Keri sent this dress to me for Aubrey. I just *love* it. The colors are so beautiful and I think Aubrey looked gorgeous in it! (Thanks Keri!!!!) Aubrey is such a big girl!

Oh, and do you like how I put Aubrey's shoes on the wrong feet!!! What's even better is NICK pointed out that they were wrong. Whatever. It's the blonde highlights. ;)
Even though Nick didn't want to join our mini-photo session (can't imagine why!), we had fun taking pictures anyways! I love how our eye colors are almost the same color. Ok, ok, you got me... I love having a mini-me. =)

I just love this picture. My baby girl loves me. Must be doin' something right!


Then I finished cooking a TON of food and collapsed on the couch, waiting for everyone to get to our house. And when they did, Aubrey got serrenaded with even more gifts (such a lucky little girl). Thanks Grandma Val, Nana and Pop-Pop!




And my Mom made the cutest and yummiest Bunny cake ever!!!!!!

And then I got so busy that I stopped taking pictures. Oh well. We had a great time eating, playing, eating and watching movies.
Thank you Jesus for all of the wonderful gifts you've given us!
Happy Easter everyone!!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I totally noticed that her shoes were on the wrong feet but I was like, no, it must be that angle or something. That's funny. She does look so pretty.

Suzanne said...

Fun!!! I love the dress and flower. I can't wait until I can get my little guy all excited for easter. He still doesn't get it. I am so glad you guys had fun!