Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dyeing Easter Eggs

I decided that I was brave enought to dye Easter eggs with my toddler. Don't know what came over me, but we did it, and it was actually fun! I'm just kidding, I was totally looking forward to it and we only had one mishap. Aubrey decided to dunk her hand in the yellow dye and her hand turned yellow. She didn't get any dye on her clothes, or on anything else for that matter, so it wasn't that bad. I actually thought it was pretty cool that her hand turned yellow because it was only in there for half a second. Anyways, here are the pics!

She was so excited to start dyeing eggs. I think next year I will do more to prepare so she doesn't have to wait so long for everything to be ready.

So proud of her eggs!
Apparantly the stickers were for her arms- NOT the eggs. Boy did I get an earful about that one!

All of our eggs. I love how bright they are!
Can't wait for Aubrey to wake up in the morning and start finding all of her eggs! But I'm most excited about her Easter basket. (I think the Easter bunny went a little overboard this year...)

Don't look at me!!!! The Easter Bunny did it!!!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa and Paul said...

Looks like someone needs a bigger basket!!! =)

Hope you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Ilove the colors of your eggs! She is too cute. Where did you get those cups they are perfect?

Chelsea said...

I seriously can't believe how old she looks. It's like she's this little girl now and not a baby. it's so weird. She's beautiful and it looks like she had a lot of fun decorating eggs with her Mommy.

Chelsea said...

K, so I just watched that video a little ways down of Aubrey talking about the "Hee-Hawks calling for help, help, help!" I was laughing so hard. I actually watched all 6 min & 36 sec of it and I might watch it again. Shawn and I both got quite a kick out of it. She's so animated, it's hysterical! "They're all calling for HELP! HELP! HELP!" I'm still laughing.