Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

So, today was my 25th Birthday! I regret to say that I am not very happy about this birthday. Yeah, yeah, I know, 25 is still young- blah blah blah. It's the oldest the I have ever been, so leave me alone! I don't like the fact that I am half way through my twenties. This is craziness. But, I can assure you that I have not been Mrs. Pouty-Pants all day.

I had a nice day at home, carrying along with my usual Monday duties. My Dad came over around 5:30'ish and we opened up some presents. Nick got me a brand new Nikon D-40 camera, which I am *SO* excited about. So, be prepared for some awesomely-amazing pictures that are to come as soon as I figure out how to use the thing. My Dad brought me several presents that were just what I wanted. He is such a great Dad... and I am so proud of him, especially since he didn't have my mom here to help him! My favorite present, though, was this ginormous box of cupcakes, made just for me. *drool*


He even got me purple cupcakes (my fav. color) with purple glitter. He is seriously the most thoughtful man EVER. (and he ALSO got me another box of cupcakes so I could share 1 box at dinner, but then I would still have 1 box leftover to indulge myself in over the next few days. See? Best.Dad.Ever!!!!!!)


We had a great time at dinner. I was surrounded by the people I love the most (minus my mom and my sister. Boo. But at least I got to speak to them BOTH in the same day).


She's actually looking at the camera and semi-smiling! Wow. I'm a happy Mama.



Me and my big girl at dinner.




Family pic.




Ahhhh yes... the infamous "Aubrey Scowl"




OK- she's happy now that she has her "Lello cucake"




Birthday Girl enjoying her cupcake.




... and the free dessert...




Me and my hunny. And look at that sunset!


After dinner, we came home and Pop-Pop got some time to play with Aubrey... here they are, having a fun little time together.


So, all in all, I had a wonderful birthday. I know my 25th year will be the best one yet. Love you all. Thanks for being a part of my life. Oh, and after this year, I think i'm gonna stop counting.... mmkay? Thanks.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I felt the same way about turning 25. That is the camera we have and love it. That is why we take so many pictures.

Evelyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Lindsay. Enjoy your new camera=)