Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spontaneous Picnic

The weather has been absolutely perfect lately, so in an effort to take advantage of that, I took the girls on a picnic yesterday. The idea just popped into my mind so we grabbed some sand toys and a blanket, picked up some lunch at yummy Einsteins and headed to the park.

Ariana keeps trying to get into my house plants. She likes to get big handfuls of dirt and throw the dirt on my floor, so I knew she would enjoy the sand. And boy did she enjoy the sand! She got a little bit in her mouth and quickly learned not to eat it, so she just sat there picking up big handfuls of dirt and just playing with it. I was glad that she got to do that because I was hoping that it satisfied her curiosity. I don't think it did though because she's still obsessed with my house plant. :)






And look at how brave Aubrey was!!
It really was a great time! We'll have to do it again when Daddy can join us. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I wish our weather was warm enough for a picnic right now. Sounds fun. I love the pic Aubrey drew for your home page. So cute.

Kdevito said...

How fun! What a great day!