Monday, March 21, 2011

Locks of Love

Aubrey has always had a full head of hair. I decided not too long ago that it would be a good idea to encourage Aubrey to bless a child with a gift that Aubrey has an abundance of. She's gone up and down with the idea, but lately, her hair has really been bugging her. I think A LOT of it has to do with mischief baby Ariana crawling to Aubrey while she's sitting nicely in her chair eating breakfast and pulling her hair. Ariana really is obsessed with hair. ESPECIALLY Aubrey's. So Aubrey has said lately that she's ready to cut her hair. I gave her a few days to change her mind but she stayed consistent with being ready, so I measured her hair and it was about 11 inches that we could donate. (It has to be at least 10 inches long to donate it).

So, today, I had to run to the bank and right next to the bank is Great Clips. Apparantly they cut your hair for free if you donate it to Locks of Love. I asked Aubrey if she wanted to do it and she said, "Yup!" So, off we went...

Here's her beautiful hair right before we walked out the door:


Front view:
Getting ready to have it cut:
Gone!
One thing about Aubrey is that she absolutely WILL NOT smile if she's in a situation that she's even the slightest bit uncomfortable. Which is fine. But I promise you she's not as pissed off as she looks in the picture. She just refuses to smile.
And this is our Aubrey. Grumpiest look on her face EVER, but if I hadn't taken this picture of her she would've been so mad at me. So I can't win no matter what I do! But, that's the best picture I could get of her holding up her hair.
Aaaaand, as soon as we were outta there, she was back to her happy self!
We love you Aubrey! And what you did for a special child out there is just remarkable! Way to go!!! xoxo

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

That is awesome! What a sweet girl you have! And her new cut is totally adorable!! Yay Aubrey!!

Nik said...

You all are so sweet. I LOVE the short hair. She is beautiful no matter what but the short hair shows her face!!!

Marchezt said...

Wow! What a great example Aubrey is! Her haircut is super cute.