Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Doggie Abuse.... again...

Let me just start by saying that this did NOT happen because I wasn't paying attention to Aubrey. She ran into the front room, I took 2 seconds to pick some things up in the family room before I followed her into the front room. I admit that I am a bit slower these days, but i'm not that slow.

When I walked into the front room, Aubrey was sitting on Jasper's bed with her green dry erase marker in her hand and this is what Jasper looked like:


And this is how our conversation went from that point on:

ME: "Aubrey, honey, what did you do?!?"

AUBREY: "I wrote on Bapper Mommy. He's green!!!" (giggles)

ME: (trying desperately to stifle her laugh) "Aubrey, you (giggle) can't (giggle) do this (giggle) to Jasper, honey. It's just (giggle) not right." (turns around so Aubrey can't see me laughing).

AUBREY: "You're right Mommy. I'm SO SORRY." (said in her best "i'm so sorry" dramatic voice, but doesn't mean a word of it.)

ME: (lots more giggling) "It's okay Aubrey, (giggle) Mommy and Auntie Lollipop (giggle) used to do this to Nana's dog's, too." (uncontrollable laughter)

ME: "Do I need to take your markers away? Because this isn't what we use our markers for, honey."

AUBREY: (in her best dramatic voice again) "Yeah, Mommy. I think that would be a good idea."

ME: (more uncontrollable laughter) "Ummm... okay."

I guess she was just admitting that the temptation to do this again would just be too much for her. At least she's honest! =)

And does Jasper look pitiful or WHAT?!?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh poor Jasper. At least she is honest. That's too funny.