Friday, April 30, 2010

Mommy's Kitchen Helper

Nick's most favorite meal that I make is chicken enchilada's. I made them a while back and he loved them. I call them my "job security" meal because Nick will never want to get rid of me as long as I keep making these for him (not that he'd want to get rid of me anyways). =)

And every time I ask him what he wants me to make for dinner, he always says "Chicken enchilada's." They're a lot of work because I make them completely from scratch, but they are really good, and we always have leftovers so Nick has them for lunch for the following 2 days so it's worth all the hard work.

Nick put in a chicken enchilada's request this week and since it's so much work, especially when you're pregnant, I figured that I would recruit my very eager-to-help daughter. I gave her a little cutting board and a butter knife and put her to work. She was SO excited that I trusted her to use a knife. I figured a butter knife wouldn't do that much damage (if any at all), but Aubrey is so cautious I knew she would be just fine (and she was- she did an awesome job.)

Here she is cutting up the olives:

And avocado's for our top secret guacamole (another "job security" receipe.) =)
Jasper was NOT impressed.


Finished product! 2 trays of enchilada's... Nick was a very happy man.

Me and my very best kitchen helper! Thank God for daugthers!!!! =)

6 comments:

Maryann said...

Little Miss Stewart. How cute!!

Ashley said...

YUM! Those look so yummy, I love that it's your security meal. haha. You look so dang cute too!

Evelyn said...

She looks too grown-up:( Slow down, Aubrey!

The Koehler Family Blog said...

LOVE this! So cute! I can't wait for that! : )

Lori said...

Yum, those look good. I want the recipe. I don't have a good one for enchiladas. What a big girl. She looks like a professional already.

Suzanne said...

I need that recipe pronto. :)