Monday, March 8, 2010

Play Loft Perk

When Nick and I were planning out the play loft, and even when we were building the play loft, there were some issues with getting our wall in. I didn't want to do a railing at the top of the play loft because I didn't want one of our kids catapulting over the railing. I mean, they are going to be playing in this area and the worries of a mother have no end... so I insisted that we build a wall that went all the way up to the ceiling. I really wanted to do plexi-glass so we could keep the area bright. It turned into a big fiasco getting this done because of how heavy this wall is, but we ended up working it out. And the point to my story is that I basically put Nick through HELL by not wanting to budge on how I wanted this wall done. And the reason why? Because I thought it would be really really cute to be able to get those window cling stickers and gel cling stickers for all of the holidays and hang them up in our play loft. If I would've told Nick that this was my reasoning for all of the drama and extra money we spent on getting this wall done, I doubt that it would've happened! We are really happy with how it turned out though and we do love our play loft. Here is a picture of Aubrey after she got done decorating the plexi-glass windows. (We did this for Valentine's Day but I forgot to take pics.) We have a lot of fun doing this and I think it looks supa cute!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Lori said...

Those are super cute. So worth it.