Saturday, November 21, 2009

Smart Cookie

I've been working with Aubrey on reading and writing. She's always been such a smart cookie and I feel like she's totally capable of learning things that kids would probably wait until school to learn. So, i've been doing things each day to teach Aubrey how to recognize, write and read words and numbers. She's doing such a great job, Nick and I are so proud of her.

When I was gettings things out to have "craft time", Aubrey took a marker and a piece of paper and, without me asking or telling her to do this, she wrote one of the words that she's learned recently. ("to") I was busy getting everything out and Aubrey said, "Look, Mommy! I wrote the word 'to'!" and I looked at her paper and this is what I found:


To say I was impressed was an understatement! And of course I had to take a picture of it. =)

So, I just wanted to recognize Aubrey for being the smart cookie that she is. If she can do this at 3, I don't know what's in store for when she's 5!!!

Great job Aubrey! So proud of you!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great Job Aubrey! That would be so exciting to see your child excel. Your such a great mom teaching her to read and write.