Friday, September 18, 2009

San Gennaro Feast

We went yesterday and it was so much fun! I am such an amusement park junkie, I could spend all day every day at these things. No ride is too scary, I love them ALL. And I was so excited to take Aubrey on some of the rides. She went on some at the pumpkin patch last year, but these rides were MUCH better.

Here are some pics of our fun!

First ride Aubrey wanted to go on was this Kangaroo ride. We rode in the PINK one, hmm, go figure. Aubrey really liked this ride. Here we are right before it started.


I love this pic. So cute. Nick took it on his cell. Nice job babe!



My Dad, holding on for dear life, and me, laughing my butt off at him, on the flying swings. BEST ride ever. A family favorite for many many years! I swear, sitting behind my Dad, listening to him freak out made me laugh the hardest i've laughed in a long time! Not bad for a grandpa though!!!!!!



Pop Pop trying to convince Aubrey to go on the ferris wheel.



Hubby and Wifey.

Poor Aubrey was getting upset that she was too short for a lot of the rides. Once I took this pic she said, "Mommy, let me see! I want to see if i'm too tall." =)




NOW- this ride was awesome. Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, i'm not scared to go on anything. The problem is finding someone to go with me! My Mom has a bad back and is scared of heights so she's out. My Dad will go on a lot of the rides with me, but ever since my sweet sixteen birthday when he took me and my BFF to Six Flag's and got sick off of this Pirate Ship ride, he won't go on anything that sways. So besides riding the flying swings, he was out. Nick doesn't like to go on rides, much to my dismay, so he was out. Aubrey is still too little so she's out. BUT, there was hope. My wonderful mother-in-law was there. I told her she HAD to go with me and after not much convincing, we were strapped in and ready to go.


THIS is what we went on:




It sways side to side and gets higher and higher all while you are spinning. Total awesomeness. We were fine spinning and swaying back and forth, laughing, having a good time, until the thing started to gain momentum and really take off. It catapults you up SO fast makes you face the ground at a complete 90 degree angle, butt off the chair feeling like you're going to fall out, and then it drops you down and does the same thing on the other end. I think Val and I started cussing at the same exact time. It was hilarious and I loved it. I have always wanted the flying swings ride in my backyard, but i'm going to have to add this ride to my list. It was soo much fun!


This is the best pic I could get of it when it's up almost as high as it goes!




We found a cute caterpillar rollar coaster that Aubrey could go on. She was SO excited waiting in line. Can you tell? =)



Gramma Val was driving. UH OH!



When I was younger, I was in gymnastics so naturally I can't help teaching Aubrey little tricks here and there. Here she is balancing on the balance beam (aka the sidewalk curbing). She's really good at it and insists on doing it whenever she sees the curbing, which is pretty much EVERY parking lot. =)


We had a lot of fun- great food, awesome rides, great memories. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a BLAST! We go everytime it is here but this time we opted out because we are going to the LA County fair this weekend! Such a fun mother in law!

Lori said...

That looks like a lot of fun. That ride does look awesome. I'm glad you found someone to go with. Nick's hair does look good in the front also.

Marchezt said...

Fun Fun Fun! I really wanted to go this year, but didn't make it.

I love rides too! I would have gone with you if I was there! :)

Hope all is well!

P.S. Great job on Nick's hair.

Suzanne said...

I am so bummed I didn't go to the feast this time. It used to be my favorite thing ever, now I am always missing out! All your pictures are so cute. =)