Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two tragedies in two weeks.

This is gonna be long and sad, but I have to get this out.

Things have been rough around the Frisco Family household. We have had some horrible, horrible news. I know everyone has been encumbered by the death of Michael Jackson, but we have been mourning the deaths of two amazingly beautiful people who died way, way too young.

On Father's Day, a little girl that was a flower girl in my best friend's wedding was shot and killed by her own father. It was devastating. This little girl was so beautiful and precious. She had her whole life infront of her. She looked like a princess on Angela's wedding day. Aubrey loved playing with her. Angela gave all of the flowergirls little dress up set's as wedding gifts, and they didn't waste a minute- they busted out their outfits that came with matching high heels and microphones and they ran around the rehearsal dinner restaurant singing, "Hey! Get up! Pumpin' up the party now!" And it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Aubrey loved playing with Teigan. She was so precious. I will never forget how she was with her mommy when we were driving to the reception site on the party bus. I helped get Teigan into her seat and she was so worried that her Mommy wasn't on the bus yet. I told her everything was okay and that her mommy was just putting her bags into the compartment and would get on the bus in a minute. I could tell that she loved her mommy so much. And the whole ride to the reception site, Tisha tickled Teigan and she giggled so loud and she was so happy and full of life. Teigan had her little blanket and laid on her Mommy's lap and it was so precious. Nick had taken Aubrey in our car, so sitting here without my own baby made me miss her so much, especially sitting there watching Teigan and Tisha together. And that is my most favorite memory of that precious little girl and the love that Tisha and Teigan had for eachother. She will forever be missed by me. I will never forget her. May God bless her and keep her safe and happy in His arms.


And then, this morning, we got hit with yet another dose of horribly tragic news. Nick's friend, and my friend as well, was murdered. His name was Benji. I met Benji and his wife Miriam about a week after Nick and I started dating. We all went up to Dumont to go dirt bike riding and Miriam had made tamale's or burrito's... I don't remember what they were, but I do remember that they had jalapeno's in them and my mouth was on FIRE, and since Nick and I had just started dating I didn't want to embarress myself, so I ate it and immediately downed an entire can of Coke. Benji and Miriam kept asking me if I was okay and I just kept choking up, "yeah, yeah, i'm fine!" and they just kept laughing at me. And from then on, the four of us hung out so many times. Benji and Miriam were an amazing couple. They were just like Nick and I. Benji owned a business and Miriam helped him with paperwork and office work and Benji would call Miriam 100 times a day and she would take care of all of his silly needs, and she would always do it happily. Nick and I were there when their first son was born. We all went out to dinner and I was in awe of how strong Miriam was. We had so many dinners out together. Nick and I adored Benji and Miriam and as far as we were concerned, they could do no wrong. Benji and Miriam ending up moving to Mexico, much to my hesitation. I didn't want them to leave. At all. But we stayed in contact with their HUGE family. They always made us feel like family. Benji and Miriam had 5 boys! FIVE. Miriam came to Vegas about a year ago and we were so happy to see her. And now, one year later, her husband is gone. Benji was murdered for standing up against crime in Mexico. He stood up against the criminals who would hold children for hostage and demand an obscene amount of money in order to let the kid(s) go. Benji's own brother was kidnapped and they wanted a million dollars to get him back. And Benji, being the strong stand-up, fearless man that Nick and I knew and adored, told these guys to eff off. And they busted into his home and killed him. Benji is a hero. I will miss his voice. His smile. His laugh. Nick and I will look out for Miriam and his five boys because we know that's what he would want.

I told Nick that I remember being in elementary school playing four square, and when I would make a mistake, i'd want a "do over." Benji's murder was not fair. And I wish to God that I could have a "do over" so he could be back with us again.

My heart is so broken for Benji and his family, but Benji is the example of a true HERO. May God bless him and his family and keep them in his loving care.

Benji is on the left and Miriams brother, Luis, is on the right. Luis was also murdered that night for trying to help Benji. He had five children as well.

And this is Benji and Miriam. Exactly how we knew them. They loved eachother so much.
Please keep these people in your prayers. Seriously. Please. And I don't want anymore phone calls bearing bad news. Be safe. Be careful. May God keep us all safe. I love you all and God bless.

5 comments:

Marchezt said...

Lindsay,

This is such horrible news and I'm so sorry to hear about these two beautiful lifes taken in such tragic ways. Please know our prayers are with them, their families, and friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Lori said...

I'm glad you shared their stories. It will help keep them alive. I am so sorry you have been having to go through this. It is especially sad that both people were murdered. That is so rare to actually know people who were murdered. Both stories are just so tragic. I hope you can find some peace right now. Squeeze your family a little harder. It definitely makes me want to.

The Files Family said...

I am praying for you Lindsay.

The Wells Family said...

Oh Lindsay, this is just awful news. I'll be saying some prayers for you and those families. How tragic and unjust.

Bre said...

You ladies are so sweet and I am so thankful to have you all as friends. Thank you for your support.