Well, I woke up this morning and I decided that since it's Friday, and a little rainy outside, we should just have a relaxing, easy day at home with me not spending any money. Well... that lasted about 0.0002 seconds. Aubrey and I were out in the backyard and the boredom bug bit me again and I decided that we should make a quick trip up to the mountains. Normally I wouldn't do something like this without Nick, but like I said, I don't know what's wrong with me- I just can't sit still. So within minutes, I had snacks and clothes all packed for me Aubrey and Jasper and off we went to Mt. Charleston. I didn't tell anyone that we were going, but when we were about halfway up the mountain, I realized I should at least tell Nick for safety reasons!
Aubrey, being the 2 year-old that she is, went from saying that she didn't want to go to the mountains to she DID want to go to the mountains and back and forth the whole way up there. It was exhausting. But when I finally found a good spot to park (after going up and down the roads looking at all of the cabins for sale and coming up with as many reasons as I could in order to convince Nick that buying me one of these cabins would be a glorious idea), we got out of the car and I didn't know who was more excited- Aubrey or Jasper. But as soon as we started hiking, Aubrey turned into this little girly-girl that I am not good with dealing with, but I did my best! Jasper did what he always does- run around and find his way back to check on us, proceed to lead the "pack" and run off yet again only to check on us moments later. He didn't sit still.
I, on the other hand, just enjoyed being out of the Vegas heat, breathing fresh mountain air and admiring those huge beautiful mountains. We hiked pretty high, but then treaded back to the car again as it just started to thunder. Aubrey asked me what it was and I said, "Thunder," and she replied, "Thumber?" and since it was too cute to correct I just said, "Yup!" And then it started to rain so fast, and so hard that we had to leave. It was fine though, we were up there for about 2 hours which was all I needed. And now, i'm at home- bored again. =)
Anyways, here's some pictures of our "quick trip".
2 comments:
Way to be adventurous. I totally hear ya about being bored on days at home without hubby. I am constantly out of the house also.
How fun! Next time you decide to go up the mountain, let me know and we'll meet you. Not far from there now :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment