Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Month's ago, I saw an ad in a local magazine for a restaurant called "The Landings". It's a restaurant at the Henderson Executive Airport that overlooks where all of the private jets take off. Nick *loves* jets. I mean LOVES them. He can't wait to own one someday. I can't wait for him to be able to take me to the Crab Cooker in Laguna at the drop of a hat. =) But back to my story. So, Nick loves jets... yeah... and my Dad always wanted to be in the airforce flying fighter jets but he never could because he has to wear glasses. So I just knew that a) they would NEVER guess that we would go to this restaurant and b) what a perfect place to take them to.

So I told them both to be ready today by noon and I wouldn't tell them where we were going. When we started heading south on the 15, I told them that we were going down to Cali for a quick visit and that their bags were already packed and in the back of my car. I don't think they believed me. Then they thought we were going to Bass Pro Shops. Um, no, what do you think we're going to do, go fish for some fish for lunch? No, sorry boys. The longer we stayed on the 215, the quieter they got. It was fun. Their last guess was that I was taking them to the new "M" casino. Nope, not a high roller yet. Once again, sorry boys! But then when I turned down the 2 lane road that takes you to the airport, I think they thought we weren't having lunch at all and that we were taking them on a helicopter ride. I was so proud of myself. They were officially stumped! I am the Queen.

So, I parked, took them into the Terminal as they followed quietly behind me like little lost puppies. Up the stairs we went until finally they could smell food. They had no idea that there was a restaurant in this place. So we took our seat on this gorgeous patio, which we ended up having all to ourselves!, and had lunch while we watched jets take off and land. It was awesome!

Here they are right when we got there- amazed that I was so crafty!

Aubrey had SO much fun. She loved watching the planes take off. She kept asking which one Nana was on (my Mom left for England just over a week ago).
We had a gorgeous view of the strip.

The Frisco Fam. Happy Father's Day to the Daddy that keeps our household together!

And Happy Father's Day to the Dad that taught me so much and is still my hero 25 years later!

A couple of days before Father's Day, Aubrey and I kicked Daddy out of the house so we could make him the picture frame pictured below. Aubrey picked the picture frame, chose the color and stuck all of the hearts and stars on all by herself (and in fear that she would spell something wrong, I did the rest!) =)

Aubrey picked out Daddy's card all by herself as well... and it just so happened to be a Superman one. It was so cute and I think Daddy loved it!

Don't 'cha think?


Aubrey made this one for Pop-Pop. And since Pop-Pop already has 150 picture frames, we made this one a frame for Aubrey's artwork. Pop-Pop is the guy in blue on the bottom left corner. And I don't really know who the rest of the people are, but I still think it's the most beautiful art I have ever seen. Oh and, yes, she did this all by herself as well.


Can you believe we actually found a card that had "Pop-Pop" on it?!?! Crazy!!!


And my Dad loved the card and presents that my Mom left for him. Aubrey had no idea what a tie hanger was but Pop-Pop told her all about it.
I must admit that I am beyond blessed to have such great men in my life. Having the Father I do gave me the greatest advantage in my life. My Dad gave me loads of self confidence and taught me so many things. He always had so much patience and faith in me, and he helped me play all 150 sports that I played while growing up. He always takes the time to show me that he loves me in all of the little things that he does. I don't know any other man that has so much attention to detail and it has been such a blessing but it sets the bar pretty high for Nick! And my Dad's example is what lead me to be able to pick such a wonderful, amazing husband- Nick. Nick has been the most understanding Father. He always gives me advice when I need it the most. He adores Aubrey for who she truly is and encourages her to be the best person she possibly can be. Nick is a great leader, provider and loving Father. Aubrey is so blessed to have Nick as a Father and it makes me so thankful because Daddies are what makes the most difference in a little girl's life. I should know. I had the best of the best.
Happy Father's Day to the two most amazing men that I know. I thank God for both of you every.day.of.my.life. I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Marchezt said...

Hands down...you are the Queen! Great idea and I love the frames.

I could not agree with you more on how a good Daddy molds a great child. How bless you are to have yours and Nick. Glad the both had a great day!

P.S. Give Aubrey a hug from us :)

Lori said...

Looks like a great day. Good job on tricking them.