Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bling Bling

Nick and I took the girls out to Primm to have a fun day shopping, getting some lotto tickets and just hanging out as a family. After we had lunch, we walked around the mall and happened to pass Claire's. Aubrey wanted to go in and look at all of the zebra stuff of course. It wasn't long before she spotted the earrings and the chair that you sit in when you get your ears pierced. I told her we couldn't buy her any of the earrings because she didn't have her ears pierced yet. So, she hopped right up onto the chair and said, "Okay, let's do it!"

With Aubrey, she is either hot or cold. She is either uber happy or extremely grumpy, so sweet and cooperative or so mean and difficult. There's really no inbetween with her. So I knew that we had to jump on this opportunity ASAP before she changed her mind!

So, I called the girl over, Aubrey picked out her earrings and we were committed. I kept checking on Aubrey making sure she hadn't changed her mind and she kept saying, "No, Mom! I'm ready!" I think I was more nervous than she was! But I know she was a little nervous because when I went to hold her hand, her hands were a little sweaty. It broke my heart! But she was being such a big girl about it, the last thing I was going to do was turn into a baby!

The best decision we made was to have them pierce both ears at the same time. Aubrey fought me on this a little bit but I had to tell her to trust me, just get them done all at once because if you don't, you might not want to get your other ear pierced. And boy was I right. As soon as they pierced Aubrey's ears, her eyes welled up with tears and I knew that if we had only done one ear, there was no way in hell that she would've let them touch her other ear! She really was so tough about it, both Nick and I were so proud of her. I think she was proud of herself too, and I knew it was worth it simply because of the lollipop she got after she was done. :)

Here she is "before", all excited and ready to go! She's so cute!

Right after they were done:

She's so proud of herself, as she should be!
 So pretty!

We are so proud of how brave you were Aubrey! And so tough, too! xoxo

1 comment:

Lori said...

Such a brave girl. I am so glad you wrote that pointer because I would not have known to do that but I can see how that would be much better. I still remember my experience so obviously it was traumatizing. lol