Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ziplining and Nick is 30!

Let me just start this post off by saying that I am the best wife ever.

Okay, now that we got that out of the way...

I like to surprise Nick. It really doesn't matter to me whether he wants to be surprised or likes to be surprised, i'm pretty much going to do it anyway. :)

I originally wanted to take the whole Frisco Fam on a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon for Nick's birthday but when a helicopter crashed a few months before our excursion was going to be, I kinda scratched that idea...

So plan B was ziplining. I knew Nick would love it and I thought it would be fun for just the two of us to have a day together. But, I didn't tell Nick ANYTHING.

The ziplining was out at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City. Nick was surprised when we pulled up and we were both excited to go! The weather was absolutely perfect so that was a major plus. The tour guides were hilarious and their constant joking made it a very fun environment. They drove us up to the middle of the mountain and then we had to hike the rest of the way. There were 4 ziplines and each of them were different. One was really steep so we went super fast, one of them was more slow and we wondered if we were going to make it to the end, and the other two were just right and you could literally kick back and enjoy the view.

Here are some pics and a video of our day (the video really makes you feel like you are ziplining!)!











This was the last run of the the day, and it just so happened to be the fastest one. So, even though it seems like the ride wasn't all that long, I believe he said that you are going 50+ mph, so the speed made it the funnest ride!



We had SO much fun and we can't wait to do it again. I guess once you've ziplined before you are allowed to do the midnight tour so other than the fact that snakes are out at night, I am so down to go!

Happy 30th Birthday to my wonderful hubby! I know this is a birthday he will never forget!

2 comments:

Marchezt said...

FUN!! You are an awesome wife :)

Happy 30th Nick!! Hope it was a great day!

Lori said...

Great idea. You are a great wife. Ziplining is so much fun and addicting.