Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mommy & Aubrey Date

I don't remember where I heard this, but someone said that not only should you have dates with your hubby but you should "date" your kids too. I thought it was a cute idea.

Aubrey does get alone time with me, but there's nothing like planning out a special activity and doing it with just the two of you. Now that Ariana is getting bigger, it's definitely getting easier for me to be away from her for a little while.

I decided that Aubrey and I should go to the movies, and Aubrey was all for it. We went to the movie theater at Town Square and watched the Winnie the Pooh movie. We ordered a BIG popcorn, got some drinks and had the best time. Just the two of us.

It was so dark in the theater so I had to have the flash on when I took pics. But the flash was SUPER bright, so Aubrey closed her eyes in every pic. I thought it was hilarious! I kept giving her a hard time, telling her "Keep your eyes open!" and she'd be like "Okay Mommy" and then i'd take the picture, the flash would blind her and she'd end up closing her eyes and i'd "yell" at her and she would laugh and laugh and say, "Mommy, it's too bright!" and then we'd repeat the process over and over again. I love teasing her!



And a pic of me and my girl, with her eyes closed of course. :)
Can't wait to have another Mommy/Daughter date night! Aubrey did say she wants Daddy to join us next time. I couldn't agree more. :)

No comments: