Holy moly- that has got to be the fastest year of my life! I guess it is true that time flies when you're having fun, because we have been having nothing but fun with this amazingly sweet bundle of joy since the minute she came into our world.
I can't tell you how blessed we are to have Miss Ariana Finley in our lives. I'm not just saying that because I am her proud momma. I am saying that because she is one of the sweetest, funnest, always ready for action, smartest, most beautiful on the inside and on the out, little girls that I know.
So, as for what she is up to at one whole year old:
♥ She has learned how to clap. Aubrey taught her a few weeks ago, but since we have done lots of clapping lately (after singing Happy Birthday, or after she opens her presents, etc.), Ariana has been clapping a lot and every time she claps, she laughs because she is so proud of herself and the noise she just made. Adorable!
♥ I taught Ariana how to point with her index finger. So now, she points at everything. And when she points at something, she says, "Dat!" Except for when she points at Dora. Then she says, "Doh!" Which brings me to the next cute thing that she does...
♥ Ariana is officially obsessed with Dora. All of her presents were wrapped in Dora wrapping paper and she was more interested in the wrapping paper then the actual presents. Well, except for when the present was something with Dora on it. Like a Dora book, a Dora cell phone, a Dora blanket, a Dora doll... yeah... everything is DORA!
♥ She has learned how to get her way, especially when sissy has something that she wants. And how does my bundle of cuteness do that? By screaming. Which is normally not so cute, and probably won't be so cute for much longer. But for now? Screaming is cute. :) But this is my second time around the block. I know it won't be cute the closer we get to 2. But we're not gonna talk about that right now. :)
♥ She is trying to run. For now it's just really fast walking. But I think she is most definitely going to be running really, really soon. Mommy is in big trouble!
♥ On top of wanting to run, Miss Thang is trying to dance as well. I'm telling you, this child has always been good at all things physical. This is why I call her Ariana the Acrobat. She climbs, balances, attempts to dance, attempts to run, can get off the sofa, climb down off of the bed, go down the stairs... which freaks Daddy out on a day to day basis which is good stuff! I LOVE IT!
♥ She has her two top 1 year molars and is working on her bottom 2. So I think that means she has 10 teeth, almost 12.
♥ I have no idea how much she weighs, but I think it's somewhere around 18 pounds. She is still itty bitty, but makes up for it in personality!!! :)
♥ She LOVES cats. Probably because we don't have any. But any time she sees a cat, she freaks out and has to pet it, and talk to it, and point at it, and poke it. Yeah. LOVES cats.
♥ Ariana can ride in her red wagon for hours. She sits so perfectly still, holds on to the sides, doesn't make a noise (except if she sees a cat! hahaha), and it is literally the only time that she is so still and good. And there is no telling her "no, we're not gonna ride in the wagon now." She won't have any of that! She will climb in, sit down, hold on to the sides and give you a look of, "Okay, you can pull me now!" and let me tell you, that is not something you can resist!
♥ She loves all kinds of food. Watermelon and blueberries are her favorites right now. But she will literally eat anything. Especially if it is ME that is eating. If I sit on the sofa to eat something, homegirl will climb up the sofa, plop herself on my lap and open her mouth and look at me like, "GIVE ME SOME NOW!"
♥ She is still a Mommy's Girl. I can't walk out of the room. If I walk past her and don't pick her up, boy are her feelings hurt! If I leave to run out and pick up some food, or just leave the house to take the trash out, she is hysterical. Some people would argue that this is a bad thing. That kids need to be okay without their Mommy's. I disagree. Ariana is fine with other people, so I know she can adjust without me. But if she has a choice? It's Mommy all the way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment