Monday, June 28, 2010

5 Years and Phantom

We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last Friday night and we had a great time. Nick wouldn't tell me where we were going for dinner or what show we were going to see. I'm a big fan of suprises so I was excited.

Nick ended up taking me to a wonderful Italian dinner at some restaurant in the Venetian (I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the restaurant... pregnancy brain). The food was delicious... I just wanted a glass of red wine SO BAD. I know I can have a glass of wine while i'm pregnant, but I just didn't want to. Then after dinner we went to see Phantom of the Opera. I grew up listening to this musical. My parents, both having show business backgrounds, have a deep appreciation for musicals and performances, etc., and I think they've passed that on to me. I have always wanted to see Phantom so it was really special to me that Nick took me. It was also fun to see Nick's reaction because he's never been to a show like that. We both loved it and the songs were stuck in our head for a long time. Here are some pics of us before we left...



The belly got lots of attention while we were out. Even Nick commented on all of the people staring.

Anyways, we had a great anniversary this year. Looking forward to many, many more!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a great anniversary. I love musicals and Phantom is a great one. That is one great thing about Vegas, all the major broadway shows go there, we only get a few every year. :( We went all the time growing up. I love your dress. You look beautiful, that is why everyone was staring.

Anonymous said...

So fun! Good job Nick! What a great celebration. I second Lori's comment people love to stare at beautiful woman!

Bre said...

Aw, thanks ladies! You both are so sweet!! =)

Jon and Lauren said...

Yay, you wore the tunic I got you! It looks great on you!! Hope you guys had a great anniversary :-)