Nick and I have wanted to build this loft for a couple of years now, but now that we kinda have to build it in order to make room for baby #2, we decided that we better start now as opposed to sometime in my 3rd trimester. So, as of January 11, 2010, we started the contruction of "The Play Loft." It was hard having a toddler living in a house that was under construction... there was lots of dust, plastic, tape, paint, nails, wood, materials, tools and a ton of other stuff that was all off limits. It was especially hard trying to get into the bathroom and getting up and down the stairs. BUT, after 2 1/2 weeks of construction the Play Loft is FINALLY done! And we LOVE it.
Here are some pictures documenting the entire construction process...
(if you click on any of these pictures they will open up in a larger view) 




Inbetween days 10 and 16 there was a ton of texturing, sanding and painting. Over and over and over again.And here is a video (kinda long but funny all the way through) of Aubrey finally getting free range in the loft area... for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Needless to say, she was VERY excited.
When I recorded that video the guy installing the carpet had literally just left, so we hadn't vacuumed yet. We're going to make a cushion for the window seat so that should be a nice sitting area. I love that we have storage inside the window seat. And the plexiglass cutouts are all sparkly and clean and Aubrey and I have already bought some Valentine's day gel stickers to decorate them with. So, i'll post pictures of the loft as it turns into a "play loft," but for now, we're just enjoying the extra space and squishy carpet. Well, i've only waited 6 years for new squishy carpet. =)
Hope you like it! Let me know what you think!
3 comments:
Awesome! Looks like it's always been there. What a great idea and it will be so nice to have for your kiddos. I decorated one wall in our playroom loft, with chalkboard paint. All the kids love it! I also have fun picture frames that display the kids artwork that I switch out. Some ideas for you. :)
Need to come see it in person soon! Hope all is well!
I think it turned out fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person!
Lindsay, I'm just in awe that you guys could see how to do this and made it happen. It is amazing! I love it. What a great idea and big undertaking.
Post a Comment