At the end of September/beginning of October, Nick and I went through some pretty stressful/scary/not very happy times. We own our own businesses... and as you all know, the economy is crap right now, so without going into detail, things were tough... really really tough. But we're pulling through so that's all there is to it. But I didn't really feel like blogging, and I was doing a lot of work in our office, and my parents went out of town so I was looking after their house for them and I was just busy. And THEN, for the past 2 weeks, my computer has been broken. I apparantly got some virus and my internet wouldn't work. So, Nick went and got me an external hard drive and I transferred everything off of my computer (okay, who are we fooling, 99% of it was pictures and videos of Aubrey) =) and it took me about a week to warm up to the idea of wiping out my hard drive. Aubreys whole life is on my hard drive. And I have caputured every breathing moment she has had for the past nearly 3 years. AND she's my firstborn... so, it took me a while to come around. But we finally did it last night and here I am, bright and early Monday morning with a "brand new" computer. So now I have to create this ginormous post about what we've been doing for the past month. And i'm doing it in one huge post because I don't have the patience or time to do a bunch of small posts.
Okay, here we go:
When we were looking after my parents' house, Aubrey felt the need to be nosey. Really nosey. So she went rummaging through their drawers... and she found my Dad's binoculars. Not super fancy binoculars, just "perfect-for-a-certain-nearly-3-year-old-granddaughter-of-pop pop's" kind of binoculars. And she stole them. Yup, she stole from my parents. And I would've cared, except for the fact that she was SO cute with them.
My favorite part of Aubrey using these binoculars was how she would look through them and see something and then slowly walk towards it and eventually she'd run right into what she was looking at. It was hilarious to watch. Oh and I can't forget when we went to a restaurant and Nick and I were standing there ordering and Aubrey was standing behind us, looking through her binoculars at the front door to the restaurant and this guy walks in and sees this little 3 foot tall girl staring him down with some binoculars. He was so funny, he was just like, "Uh, hello?" and Aubrey just stood there looking through her binoculars. So yeah, three cheers for
Then, I got the cutest picture of Aubrey greeting Daddy when he came home from a long day of work. You can totally see the excitement in her face.
Aubrey got a minor case of the snuffles and fell asleep, with a box of kleenex, in one of the bedrooms that I was painting. It was so sweet to watch her sleeping while I was busy painting. Makes me think of the days that I wondered if my child was always going to be a pain to get to go to sleep and if those sleepless days/nights would ever end.
Then we went to the pumpkin patch:
The sun was in her eyes, so Daddy let her use his sunglasses. =)
And this is Nick trying to entice Aubrey to go down the slide (this pic seriously cracks me up):
Petting and feeding the animals in the petting zoo at the pumpkin patch.
Aubrey amazed at how high Daddy got while jumping on the trampoline:
And that's it! Well, besides Aubrey's birthday party this weekend, but that is definitely worthy of another post. =)

2 comments:
WOW!! Idon't know where to start...LOVE the Red Socks Gear! She looks absolutly adorable (as always) in it all. The pumkin patch looks like fun, we still have to take Olivia...and as for the look on her face greeting her daddy, JUST PRICELESS...
Glad you finally posted, geese, lol! I needed some motivation to post on my own blog, lol!
Sorry things have been rough. It looks like you still had a lot of fun. That is a cool pumpkin patch. I absolutely love the sassy pic at the end. Too cute!
Post a Comment