Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Diapers are for babies!!!
That's what Aubrey says to me now. We went out and bought her some big girl panties and she loves them. She insists upon wearing them... so i've been doing A LOT of explaining on all of this potty business. Aubrey is a smart girl... she always has been... but she's also the type of person that will do something on her own time frame (and I wouldn't have it any other way). So, this afternoon, Aubrey woke up from her nap and when I went to change her diaper she asked to wear her "big girl panties," so she picked them out and put them on. This was at 4:00 pm. So, I asked her every 30 minutes if she had to go potty, and every time I got a "No ganks, mom." OK. So, we go out to dinner and I explained to Aubrey that she's not wearing a diaper so she can't go potty in her panties. So we get home from dinner with no accidents. I ask her if she has to go potty as soon as we got home, and once again, "no ganks, mom." So, 5-10 mintues later, she went pee-pee in her pants. She hated it. She was very upset about it and didn't like the way it felt one bit! So, I go upstairs, take all of her clothes off and she proceeds to run around the house naked... maybe 5-10 minutes later she comes to me (i'm in our master bathroom) and she says, "Mommy, pee pee!" and starts to pee! So, I gasped, which made her stop peeing, and I put her on our potty and SHE WENT POTTY!!! I think I jumped up and down screaming for about 5 minutes! I couldn't believe it. She told me she had to go right before she had to go and then actually went on the potty and didn't get scared! I am so proud of our BIG girl! So, I guess we'll see how she does tomorrow! Yay Aubrey!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY!!! Congrats little one.
Yay Aubrey!! What a great day!
Yay Aubrey! Such a great accomplishment! SO EXCITING!
Yay, that is so exciting!
Congrats!! What a big girl!
p.s. I am sorry about the trailor
Post a Comment