I am getting pretty frustrated and I'm going to explode if I don't get this out! I am SICK of living in our house! I want OUT! I have wanted out ever since we moved into this dang place 5 years ago. Now, don't get me wrong... I am SO appreciative to have a home... a brand new home at that... but I am sick of this house and when we moved into this house, I didn't get to pick ONE THING out. Not ONE. And if you are a woman, you now how irritating that is. So here is my list of things that I don't like about this house:
1) I hate that I don't have a garage to park in. (We changed our garage into an office for Nick)
2) I hate that we don't have a dang fireplace! HELLO! Where am I supposed to hang Christmas stockings?!?! (The people that were going to buy this house before us STUPIDLY chose not to have a fireplace. Then they backed out of the house which is how we got the house). Yes, I know we live in Las Vegas and it sounds silly that we should ever need a fireplace, but I am skinny (no i'm not bragging... it's just ME), so I get cold very easily. So I NEED a fireplace. Okay... enough about the damn fireplace already.
3) I hate our stained concrete floors. Yeah, it was fun when Nick and I did them. Yeah, it was fun picking out crazy colors, but I am OVER IT now and I want something cool (and "normal") like slate or marble or wood floors... basically ANYTHING ELSE other than stained concrete.
4) I hate our carpet. I want nice, squishy, new carpet. And more of it so Aubrey has more room to play... and more cushiony stuff to fall on so she doesn't bust her freakin' lip on this dang stained concrete that I hate! (For more on the stained concrete that I hate, revert to #3).
5) I want more bedrooms. And a bigger upstairs area. And a bigger master bathroom. And a bigger closet. And nice new window coverings because I hate ours, but every time I try to change them, I end up hating the new stuff that I picked out.
6) I WANT GRASS!!!!!!! AND A FREAKIN' POOL!!!!!!!! Guess what our backyard consists of??? Go ahead... guess! CONCRETE!!! As if I didn't hate the freakin' concrete in the house enough, we had to go and put more freakin' concrete in the backyard. Wonderful.
7) I want a laundry room with counter tops so I have room to put things... and nice cabinets to store things in... and a sink to actually be able to soak things in (kinda convenient when you have small children in your house!).
8) I want a nice office so when I have to do some work, I can SHUT THE DOOR and not be interrupted 852 times. That way I can actually concentrate on what i'm doing. Hmph, go figure.
9) I want a nice play room for Aubrey (and whoever else comes along). I want to make it look like it's out of a freakin' pottery barn catalog. That would be sweet.
10) I want a nice, new kitchen, with a deep sink, and room to put a nice kitchen table to eat casual meals at, or have craft time at. And I want a double oven. Ohhh, that would be heaven. And I want cabinets that are cabinets that I PICKED OUT.
11) I want a Martha freakin' Stewart lookin' dining room. So we can have people over for nice dinners. I'm not ready to take Thanksgiving on yet, but I would like to have a dining room that's ready for me.
12) I want a living room that can fit a piano. I would LOVE to have someone come over and teach Aubrey how to play the piano. I think I would be so happy I would cry.
I am so sick of going and looking at houses, finding one that I actually like, and then the house selling. I am sick of waiting. When is it going to be MY turn??? =(
OK, that's it. I feel MUCH better now. Thanks for reading this far if you made it. I'll resort back to my nice, peaceful self now. However, if you would like to contribute to the "Get Lindsay out of than damn house already" fund, please let me know. =) Thanks.
3 comments:
Can I say that I 100% agree with you on all of those on the list and I wish I could do it all over again! Especially when I know what our houses are worth and what we owe. Makes me depressed, frustrated, mad, and more!
My wish is for it to be your turn and my turn...just wish it was now!
Glad I'm not the only one you feels this way...maybe I need to make a list to make me feel a little better!
I feel you. We have NO WHERE to eat a meal really, I have this retarded dining room that we eat in and it is carpeted so you can imagine what it looks like under the highchair!
A sink in the laundry room, whoever thought of that is a geniuos now if only it was a standard thing in EVERY house.
A Fireplace is the best part of cold weather, your right where do stockings go?
The pottery Barn play room, is well deserved to any stay at home mama, it is somewhere where the toys go instead of in the akward sized living room that Vegas builders are famous for.
I have never been to your home and I am sure it is lovely but I know where you are coming from... You will find the one and it will be worth the wait! Are you staying on this side of town?
I am totally with you!!!:) And if you find somebody who wants to donate to your fund, ask them if they would like to donate to mine!!!
Post a Comment