Monday, April 25, 2011

Boulder City Train Ride

Nick and I are always trying to come up with new things to do as a family. I got a coupon in the mail a few weeks back for a train ride in Boulder City. I had no idea there was a train ride in Boulder City. I thought it must be something new. Turns out it's been going on for at least a year now, probably almost 2 years now. Opps! Had NO idea!

Well, what kid doesn't love a train ride?? I knew Aubrey would love it and so Nick and I knew we had to go.

It turns out that the Boulder City Train was used back when they made Hoover Dam. I guess they used it to bring materials back and forth from Vegas to Hoover Dam. So they restored the train cars and the train tracks and turned it into a ride for kids. Good stuff!

It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun! I guess they do a special thing for Christmas time, so the Frisco Family will definitely be heading back for more train fun.... and we probably won't wait until Chistmas to return. :)

Isn't the train cute?!? hahaha, only a female calls a train cute!!!

Look at the beautiful view from the open car:
Our fam! Oh and zebra too!
Me and my two beautiful girls! I am one lucky Mama! (this is inside the air conditioned car. I was a big fan of the air conditioning AND the bouncy seats!!!!)

I love these three so much!
Ariana, being the monkey that she is, loved the bouncy seats too! She had no fear and was standing up, peaking over the seats at the other passengers and bouncy up and down on the seats. I'm telling you, the bouncy seats were the best part! :)
I have to hold onto this child at all times. She is CRAZY!

We had a great time and highly recommend it! There's also a free train ride on a smaller train. We're gonna check that out next time...

2 comments:

Marchezt said...

Super fun! Funny I saved that coupon and want to use it. How much did it cost? Sounds like it's worth going for.

We should plan a time to go together :)

Nik said...

Looks like fun. You all look like such a great family. Love you.