Monday, April 11, 2011

9 months!

9 months old! 3/4 of the way to being one! I can't believe it!

9 things about our 9 month old:

♥ She's about 17 1/2 lbs and 26 inches long.

♥ She can stand on her own for a few seconds.

♥ She is obsessed with the stairs. And she knows that Mommy doesn't want her to go up the stairs. So, if for some reason the gate is open, Ariana makes a crawl for it at top speeds. Her little legs go so fast that sometimes her arms can't keep up and she face plants. And if she does make it to the stairs, sometimes i'll tease her and say "Ah ah ah. Don't go up those stairs!" And what does she do? Listen to me? Not quite. She laughs a mischievous laugh and turns around very fast and proceeds to climb the stairs as fast as she can.


♥ She likes to eat Aubrey's shoes. She likes my shoes too, and probably shoes in general. But Aubrey's shoes are kept in a basket and Ariana sneaks off to the basket all the time. She dumps all of Aubrey's shoes out and tries to bite them, but I (hopefully) stop her before she does that.

♥ Ariana likes to eat. Everything. I don't want her to eat everything, but she insists on it. She especially wants whatever I am eating. Aubrey's food is a close second.

♥ Ariana makes this "ooooh" noise whenever she sees something that she likes. I have to get in on video because it's so sweet.

♥ She LOVES Dora. She likes Mickey Mouse and Elmo too, but Dora is her favorite. Whenever Dora is on TV, Ariana makes a bee line for the TV, stands up and taps the TV screen where Dora is. And if she sees a Dora doll or a Dora book, she makes the above mentioned "ooooh" sound.

♥ She hates when Aubrey cries. Whenever Aubrey cries, Ariana will crawl over to her, pull up to standing while holding onto Aubrey and she'll stand there and pat her... or pull her hair (which isn't very nice but Ariana loves her sissy's hair and I think she misses it since Aubrey cut it off). :)


♥ Ariana won't let me put her down. EVER. But that's okay because she's growing up fast enough as it is. And I know that once this child can walk, she's NEVER going to sit still. So i'll take some cuddles from a calm child while I can.


And here's another pic because it shows her personality so well! Fun, happy and crazy!

1 comment:

The Koehler Family Blog said...

Cutest baby EVER. Seriously! OMG. You are so blessed Linds! xoxo